Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Enough Rain Already!!

Is this a repeat of last year already? We've had too much rain. I'm sitting here with a swamped garden again for the third time since I've planted. It's the reason I actually became so frustrated last year that I quit writing and updating the blog. It's the beginning of June and the garden is swamped just like last year. Way too much rain to date. I'm in a clay bowl and it takes days and days to dry out. The garden is all raised beds, but the paths between the beds become literally flooded to the extent of three to four inches of water sitting for up to two days after the rain has ceased. I'm hoping for some hot, dry, dry, dry weather. Until then, UUUUUGHHHHH!!!

2 comments:

erlandschulze said...

I suggest you look into a "Earthbox". I have 200 of them growing veggies. These self contained planters have a water reservoir at the bottom and a plastic cap on top that works great when it rains too much. We do need the rain and we can't control that :)

There is a forum of users on the Earthbox website that is very helpful.

Greg said...

Thanks for your suggestion. I will take some time and look into the Earthbox.